Managing Your Mental Wealth!
If you and I have been living in the same world, then you know, with every breaking news, rolling news, social media on fire, constantly putting out new breaking stories every rolling hour or half hour. There is a totally overload of bad news in the world.
What have we realised? that the world is definitely run by some crazy-on-steroids-villain, who is relentless in his/her plan to damn humanity. It’s no divine force for sure.
So, 2020 seems to be pretty good at revealing everything to us, it’s like non-stop boom, pow, bang on steroids and adrenaline. It has been non-stop bad news, or is it?
Are these new things that we are seeing, experiencing? or they are being reported more now or has the world been taken over by psychos? I think more of the latter. But, right now, we are going to talk about how to manage your mental wealth.
The wealth that is more scarce than gold or the most precious bling in the world – Mental Wealth.
If you have your mental health intact, well done to you. It’s a rare occurrence these days. If on top of that you have some wealth, well, you have been able to see the world from a vantage point, but take action at the same time. Ah, You Star!
If you are like me, have struggled all your life with this world and the forces controlling it and have wanted to find a way to heal yourself and take good charge of your mental wealth, you are in the right place.
Hey, wherever you are on your journey, no shame, nothing here is meant to shame anyone, I have been at my lowest of the lowest and now feel I have some mental wealth and want to share with you how to do it. If you want to, I am guessing if you are here, reading this, you want to know more?
OK, here we go.
1. Wake up early and have some goals in your mind or on paper. If you are really down, your goal would be to may be eat a meal on time, do something for yourself, do something small for your body, perhaps move your body a little bit, wherever you are on your journey, know that everyone is different and will have a different need for themselves.
2. Take it easy, go slow, do little things slowly, start small and build up from there, be constant, do even one small thing for you, do a mental activity, a physical activity and emotional activity. Mental activity could something to relax your mind completely, when you are relaxed, you will heal completely. It could be meditation, colour therapy, painting, drawing and something you love doing. A physical activity of your choice and emotional activity means ask yourself what you need to deal with, emotionally. What is paining me? become aware, face it, one thing at a time.
3. Eat well, eat a good meal, take supplements, drink enough water.
4. Listen to very healing music, mine is hang drum music, which soothes me completely, try it you may like it.
5. Talk about your pain, reveal it to yourself, if you have a good friend, talk to them about it, ask them first if they want to talk to you about your own pain, are they in that space to hear, otherwise we may be dumping on them.
That way we respect their mental, emotional, spiritual space as well. If you have no one, journal, write it all down on paper, or on your computer.
6. Have a routine – surround yourself with positive people when you are in a painful space, this will protect your energy, stay around happy people, if you can, those who are positive, wise or cheerful, these people are gems in life aren’t they?
7. Have strong boundaries, say no and say yes only when you want to. This will protect your mental and emotional space. It will make you feel good about yourself, as you become more confident. When we are fragile, we tend to think we can’t choose, we must put up with everything, we don’t have to, your life, your choices, your mental health, look after it like you would look after your loved one.
8. Use affirmations – “I am healthy, I am mentally wealthy, I love myself, I honour myself, I only allow goodness in my life, I respect myself, I listen to all my needs, I look after my inner child, I am attracting only good in my life …” I have a healing guide book, filled with affirmations, find it here.
9. Be kind and loving to yourself, be patient.
10. Go into nature. Trees heal deeply, go near water, water heals, the elemets heal deeply.
11.Breathe deeply, when we have traumas we forget to breathe properly, most of the time, we have shallow breath and that does feed our brain properly. Deep breathing can solve a lot of issues in our body, only we remember to.
12. Try to laugh a little. Play funny movies, practice laughing yoga (such a funny thing to do haha hoho 😀 )
13. Change your perspective, this is difficult, but if you can think of something that makes you really happy, place yourself there a few times a day, this will change the brain chemistry, you will then get a break from the hormones that make us sad, depressed, down, or in a fight, flight and freeze mode.
14. Know that you’ll come out of this, seek support, talk to someone, know that you aren’t bothering them by telling them how you feel.